Want to know what it’s like working at Keencut? Some of the team have put together a video as an introduction to potential recruits.
We are currently looking for a Product Design Engineer Intern to be based in our Corby, Northamptonshire, England HQ. This is an exciting opportunity for a bright, enthusiastic graduate intern to join an innovative and fast-growing British manufacturer which has a strong track record of exporting its products around the world.
This role will offer you the chance to gain experience with our product design and development team. The skills and experience you gain will provide a valuable foundation for a career in mechanical product design and engineering.
Keencut already uses 3D printing, also known as additive manufacturing, to produce prototypes and demonstrate product ideas. But it has identified a major opportunity to move this technology into mainstream production, particularly for complex, low-volume components which are costly or time-consuming to manufacture using conventional techniques. This project will involve:
- Reviewing existing components to evaluate what benefits 3D printing can bring: whether saving manufacturing time or money, or improving the functional or aesthetic design.
- An assessment of which components should be prioritised for migration to 3D printing
- The re-design of components to ensure maximum benefit from switching to 3D printing
- Design and implementation of a testing regime, where components need to withstand load or abrasion, to prove that a 3D printed version is suitable for use
You will be working within a team that will support and guide you along the way.
- A bright and ambitious graduate motivated to pursue a career in engineering product design
- A leaning towards mechanical engineering within product design and an appreciation of other non-mechanical engineering fields (e.g. electrical, electronics, controls).
- Creative flair and design ability
- Organised, with good attention to detail
- A good communicator and a team player
- Proficient in 3D CAD software such as Solid Works, Alibre Design, Inventor or similar
- Strong knowledge of engineering materials
- Good understanding of metalworking processes (particularly CNC)
- Confident Excel user with good maths skills
- Any engineering degree which includes a significant mechanical and design element
Please contact [email protected] for more details.
Posted November 16th 2021